- Controllers of personal information.
- What personal information Itec.nl can receive or collect via its website from its visitors.
- What about cookies?
- Does Itec.nl share the information it receives with other parties?
- How secure is information about me at Itec.nl?
- How about any third-party advertisers and/or links to other websites?
- Which information can I access?
- What choices do I have?
- Are children allowed to use Itec.nl?
- Notices and revisions.
- Examples of information collected.
Controllers of personal information
The controller of all personal information provided to or collected by Itec.nl is Itec BV, with its registered office at Hogeweg 7 in (5301 LB) Zaltbommel, the Netherlands, (the 'controller'), which also acts as processor on behalf of the controller.
What personal information does Itec.nl collect about its visitors?
The information we receive from you will help us to improve our response to your request. The information only concerns basic information such as e-mail address, name and address. We will not and are not allowed to ask you for any privacy-sensitive information. By entering your information once, you need not provide your information again during each new visit. We use the information to accurately process your orders, deal with any malfunctions and suchlike and recommend any products or services you may find interesting. We also use this information to improve our platform, to prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our website, and to allow third parties to perform technical, administrative or other functions on our behalf.
We collect the following types of information:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information. Always be careful when entering privacy-sensitive information; you should call the party or entity requestion such information first. Please note that if you do not provide certain basic information, your request, your participation or your order may not be processed, or you may not be able to use some of the features on the website. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future visitor experience for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many other websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Itec.nl or advertisements and other content offered by or on behalf of Itec.nl on other websites. Mobile: When you download or use Apps created by Itec.nl and, if applicable, requested or accepted location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. Please check this and change your settings, if desired, before you start using any Apps.
- E-mail communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Itec.nl if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our visitors. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send us an e-mail message.
- Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about cookies?
Does Itec.nl share the information it receives with other parties?
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might buy and take over other platforms or organisations or buy or sell subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, visitor or customer information generally is one of the business assets transferred to the purchasing party, but will always remain subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the visitor or customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Itec.nl or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets and must therefore be guaranteed as such at all times.
- Protection of Itec.nl and others: We release account and other personal information (insofar as such information is available to us) when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Itec.nl, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice and of your privacy interests.
- With your consent: in all other cases, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. Please inform us of your wishes in this respect by sending us an e-mail message.
If we pass on personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area within the context of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is passed on in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted under the applicable personal data protection legislation.
How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or similar software, which encrypts the information provided by you.
- We expressly do not ask any bank data, passwords, PIN or other codes from you and we never ask you to read out, enter, retrieve, pass on, scan or modify such information. Never comply with such requests and disconnect and shut down your computer.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personally identifiable customer information. Our safety procedures require that we may sometimes demand proof of your identity before we disclose any personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
How about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Our site includes links to other websites. These third parties, too, must comply with the relevant regulations applicable to them.
Which information can I access?
Itec.nl gives you access to the information about your account at Itec.nl for the purpose of viewing and updating that information.
Conditions of use, notices & revisions
If you have any questions about privacy at Itec.nl, please send us an e-mail with a detailed description of the matter, and we will try to solve it for you.
Our business changes constantly, and so do our Privacy Notice and general terms and conditions. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions (unless you have informed us that you wish not to receive them), but you should check our website frequently in order to be kept informed of any changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of the parties involved.
What choices do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even if this information would be needed to place an order, report a malfunction, or take advantage of features at Itec.nl.
- You may add or update certain information on pages such as those referred to in the section ‘What information can I access?’
Examples of information collected
- Information you give us
You provide most of the information to us yourself if you enter into a contract with us, are in telephone contact with us, or if you create a 'My Itec' account at Itec.nl.
- Automatic information
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have any questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- Information from other sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records to ensure that your next communication with us proceeds more easily; account information, participation or other information and page-view information from certain sellers with which we operate a joint website or offer a joint platform, for which we provide technical, advertising, fulfilment or other services; search term and search result information from searches conducted through the Web search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit agencies, which we can use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer financial or credit services to some customers, should this occur.
- Co-Branded & Combined Offers
We may offer you combined or co-branded products and/or services from time to time.
Should you, after reading this Privacy Statement, come to the conclusion that you do not agree to this, you should clearly state this in an e-mail to us immediately before you start using the platform as a participant.